Sunday, January 6, 2008

After the holidays...


The holidays were a really busy time for my family. Son was sick, so we stayed home instead of visiting my family in Cleveland. My Dad came down to celebrate my birthday on the 30th (Yay 24!). Work has been chugging along pretty steadily. Finally feel caught up with bills, although its really hard to stay on top of due dates and such when the days seem to breeze by. Thankfully, I have a handy-dandy calendar to help me keep track.

New Years Resolutions? dont really have any. My goal every year is to grow and learn more than I did the year before. I'm finally going to knit my first pair of socks this year. Before my son was born, I purchased a pair off of Ebay for 30.00. They are the warmest and snuggliest socks ever! I have been gathering sock yarn ever since so that I can make my own pair--I hear they are addictive!

Right now, I am knitting a basketweave scarf in hot pink Adriafil Carezza--which is a yummy angora blend--for my sister, a late birthday present. Also on the needles is a pair of striped mittens and a Fair Isle cardigan for my son, which I think, when complete, will not look how the pattern intended it to appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment