Friday, January 25, 2008

Excellent Day


It may be only 1 pm, but I have had a banner day so far. Firstly, work went well. I am in sales, and I closed 6 sales this morning before 9 am. I went to the store and ran a couple errands, found 2 excellent books for 1.00 apiece. Al Franken is a great read all the time.

Most importantly, I finished my very first sock EVER this morning. After the crappy heel and gusset disaster, I was afraid that the sock would look wierd. I managed to figure out the 1,2,3,4 needle configuration and the sock foot went well. Decreasing for the toes lifted my spirits, as I learned to do an SSK decrease-which slants to the left--for the first time and it turned out great. It looked really pro. At last I arrived at the end, at which I would have to graft the toes together. I pulled it off without any problems. I got so much joy from seeing my husband put on his sock (yes, the other one is OTN at this very moment) and then, of course, I put it on too.

I cant wait to be done with his pair and then begin my own. I am so addicted to socks right now. The next challenge I give myself is to do a sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment