Thursday, January 17, 2008

Knitaholics Anonymous


I have officially begun my first pair of socks. I say officially because I have cast on to the dpns I am using, and have gotten past the ribbing, without frogging the whole darn thing. The socks are for my husband, and I am stashbusting using some navy Lion Wool and leftover Knit Picks Merino Style. I love Merino Style; it is so soft and its a great price too. I got over my fear of DPNs--I now believe it was a totally unfounded fear--they look scarier than they are. I hope these socks turn out alright. The great thing about my husband (actually, one of many great things) is that no matter how my pieces look when I am finished with them, he will always tell me that it looks great. He actually just started his own blog, about the restoration of his 1992 Camaro RS. It's red, and I know he can't wait till it is perfect.

I have been married 2 years, and both my husband and I work from home. We actually freelance advertise for a website. We see each other every single day, and have usually almost no time apart. Once a month or so, he goes to visit his brother out of town, about an hour away. I stay at home and spend a quiet evening with our son, who is 18 months. Its good to get some breathing room, especially since our job is really demanding much of the time. My father doesnt understand the concept of couples needing time apart, and is always to remind me that my husband is now a "family man." I think that in order to function well as a couple and as parents, it is beneficial to have that personal time.

Here's to personal time!


No comments:

Post a Comment