Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sock ADD

We are in the midst of packing up for our move to a new apartment 45 miles away in Lancaster, Ohio. I packed up my stash the other day, and 3-4 skeins are in Ziploc bags for protection to ensure that they travel safely. Note: 3-4 skeins per bag; I do NOT have a 3-4 skein stash. There were 30 bags in the box; I need another box as all the yarn did not fit. I cast-on for DH's second sock yesterday. Had to frog the cast-on once because I twisted the stitches. The cast-on that was successful still looks a bit dodgy, as there are a couple large twisted strands of yarn at two of the joins. Oh well.. I'll just weave them in later....
I was browsing my collection of loose patterns--I packed up all my knitting books and magazines last night. I came across Amy Polcyn's Foot The Bill pattern using Tofutsies yarn from SWTC. I really wanted to make a pair soon, after I was done with DH's socks, but I couldn't help myself so....I started casting on on size 0 dpn's for my pair. I'm going to force myself to wait till I'm done with his socks before moving on....
I am so excited to recieve my valentine's swap package--practically jumping out of my skin here. Also, I ordered my first skein of Dream In Color Smooshy from The Loopy Ewe at like, 5 this morning. Color--Go Go Grass.

1 comment:

  1. hello, stopping by from Wiknit. I ordered my 1st skein of Dream In Color Smooshy from The Loopy Ewe just last month. They are next up on the needles.
    Reading you getting packed up for a move makes me realize that I need to organize all my mags and patterns. All of which I will probably never knit!

    ReplyDelete