Saturday, February 9, 2008

Argh! Sick time....

I think I am getting the flu. I was standing over the washer putting some clothes in, when I got that sinking feeling that I get right before I get the chills, etc that come with the annual flu virus I seem to catch every year. I work from home, so time off is not that big of a deal. Still, who wants to be typing at the computer when they can barely get out of bed.

The toddler socks from Spunky Eclectic have been frogged. I can't believe the author of the pattern would say she was going to put in two sets of instructions for the short row heel, one with wrapped stitches and one with slipped stitches. She only included the instructions for the wrapped stitches!


Since I have startitis, I cast on for my socks, using the Yarn Harlot's pattern for basic socks. I'm using my Fortissima Socka Disco Colori (I think thats what the ball band said) glitter sock yarn. I like how stiff the resulting fabric is. When I first bought this yarn, I had never knitted socks before. I had, however, contemplated the socks I was going to make in the future. I did not know that one huge ball of sock yarn makes a pair of socks, so thinking about my future pair, I bought 3 huge balls of sock yarn. I think there's like 520 yards per ball. Silly me....but at least I have enough of that yarn for 3 pairs of socks.

Went to see Fools Gold at the movies last night. It was a good movie, but it got bad reviews. I always end up liking the movies with bad reviews. What do critics know anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment