Thursday, March 27, 2008

Yarn happenings

Ok..so I was browsing Ravelry today (when I should have been focusing on work) and I came across a thread mentioning Lion Brand's upcoming sock yarn, Sock-Ease. I was a little skeptical since Lion Brand discontinued Magic Stripes a year or two ago. I decided to check it out, since I am always on the lookout for new sock yarn. Apparently, Sock-Ease is going to be yarn infused with aloe vera, like Austermann Step. How cool is that! I cannot wait for it to be released, but the colors will hopefully improve and will include some solids.
I finished the first hat for the Atlanta project, and started on the second one. Its in Red Heart (yeah I know) but its cute and is really easy-care. I also mastered a new knitting skill today: reverse stitching. Now all the roll-brims I do will actually look the way the pattern intended them to look!
I won a contest on Vickie Howell's blog and my prize arrived yesterday.  I  recieved a flat of Conjoined Creations' Flat Feet sock yarn. It is a flat piece of sock yarn that you knit right off of the flat. It looks really fun--will post pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment