Thursday, April 24, 2008

Yarn-y Update

Just stopping by to show off my latest yarn-y acquisitions: some Araucania Ranco Multi, more Smooshy, Lorna's Laces, Paca Peds, and some Louet. I have just begun another pair of standard stockinette socks in Shepherd Sock Motherlode. It's a nice colorway, a little muted and not something I normally would have purchased, but I got it in a swap. It's the first time I have ever knit with Shepherd Sock, and when I cast on for the socks, I was a little nervous because the yarn looked so darn thin on the needles. It is working up into a nice fabric however.







Yarn shout-out of the week--I'm going to highlight a new yarn that I think is worth a try each week from now on. This week it's http://www.conjoinedcreations.com/. Conjoined Creations is the creator of Flat Feet, a revolutionary sock yarn knit from a flat instead of a ball/hank/skein/what-have-you. You knit the socks/gloves/shawl from the flat. The yarn is really soft and seems like it would wear reasonably well. No two socks knit from this yarn will be the same, as you can choose the pattern that will appear simply by alternating side (the flat has two sides). Definitely check out this yarn!


More later, and maybe a book review or two in the coming weeks!































No comments:

Post a Comment