Thursday, May 15, 2008

Yarn Shoutout of the week

I'm a little late with the promised yarn shout-out but here it is. A yarn that I am currently using for socks is MySmallWonders superwash sock yarn, purchased from Etsy. The yarn has a nice hand, and the dyeing is, in my opinion, excellent. I have tested the yarn in water, and have not had any bleeding problems.

This yarn is thin, ala Lorna's Laces. I'm using size 1 dpns for my socks, and am loving the way it knits up. The yarn is a decent 383 yards, in the colorway Burgundy Bliss. I wish that there had been more yardage in the skein. Another plus--there were zero knots in the skein.

I really like to support indie dyers, and Etsy is the perfect place to find a lot of them. I'll include pics of the finished socks once they are done. The finished project will be on my Ravelry page too--I'm Sturgillsusan on there.

3 comments:

  1. This is quite pretty. I love to support indie dyers too. I love etsy as well for that matter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful yarns and colours. I will never have enough life times ot make all the things I want. I hope they knit in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind so much short yardage in summery/springy fibers like cotton = good for anklets. But, I like talk and warm socks for winter, so good yardage is a MUST!

    ReplyDelete