Sunday, July 6, 2008

New yarn and general knitting-related stuff...

I got some new yarn yesterday--1 skein of Dream in Color Classy and a skein of some new sock yarn, Studio Sock in Foggy Bottom, from The Neighborhood Fiber Company. It's a pretty cool yarn, good colors. I will post a pic of it soon.
I finished a bunch of hats for Touching Little Lives, and am starting on some socks for Warm Woolies, a charity that gives hand knit wool socks to children in orphanages in Russia and other euro-asian nations. My goal is to knit 25 pairs of socks by the end of October. These socks are a quick knit because they are done in bulky yarn. I really don't like to work with Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride, but I have quite a few skeins just chilling in the stash that I might as well use.
I'm really trying to get around to finishing some projects for myself, but everytime I finish a baby hat, I seem to start another one. I try to do two a day, but usually only get one done.

No comments:

Post a Comment