Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Baby Blanket Bingo!


So I am coming along pretty well on the baby blanket for my niece/nephew. It is probably the best knitting I have ever done. It's even, gauge is right on, and it looks really nice *IMHO*. The pattern is really easy, but in a way that is pleasing to the eye. The pattern is by Ann Norling, and is titled, "Big Blue Blocks." The blanket I am knitting is royal purple, which is pretty gender-neutral. I couldn't fit the whole blanket in the picture, so that is just half of it.

I never used to think that using nicer (read: more expensive/higher quality) yarns made a difference as to how one feels about the knitting project, but now I see how that is true. I bought 10 balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Chunky totaling about 95.00 give or take. I really wanted to use a nice yarn because what I knit is a reflection of me, and I want my niece/nephew to have something nice that I made for them. I enjoy knitting this blanket partly because the yarn is so yummy! I ordered a couple cute outfits for the new baby and will present the blanket when I give the parents the outfits. I've made pretty good progress on it because I have put other projects on hold.

I also bought some sock yarn when I bought the last of the Cashmerino(couldn't help myself) and I got to visit the Yarnmarket warehouse! I was in a warehouse full of yarn for about 20 minutes! I wanted to take it all down and roll around in it...I loved it! I'm surprised I didn't spend more....I bought 2 skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Liberty (color 1776).

4 comments:

  1. You are so right about nice yarn! While I try to keep costs down it sure is nice to work with quality materials!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so glad you enjoyed your visit!

    Sometimes when nobody's looking, I like to roll around in the yarn in the warehouse, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi morgaine1 from ravelry leaving a comment fr the contest i like your blog btw good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. suc a generous and gorgeous gift this will be, hopefully they ill truly appreciate your time and love put into this wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete