Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Few Ramblings...

So I can admit I was wrong about the Conjoined Creations' Flat Feet yarn. After the first few rows of ribbing were over, the kinks in the yarn did not bother me as much. I think it just took me a while to get used to them. I personally prefer bamboo dpns for use when knitting socks, but it definitely took some metal needles to knit with this yarn. Everyone is different and has differing knitting styles, but the knitting went really slow with this yarn and bamboo dpns. I would definitely get this yarn again for a change of pace; it makes a really cool knit fabric. I'll put up pics of the socks later this week so you can see what they look like.

If you are on Ravelry and go on the forums occasionally, then you might have heard comment about the first-ever Wollmeise sock club, offered through the Wollmeise shop. I personally did not enter the lottery drawing, namely because I can't justify spending 200+ in one swoop, even though I have spent that at my local LYS:-). I recently got a skein of Wollmeise in the Rhabarber colorway, sold to me by a generous fellow Raveler. Though I was really excited to finally get one skein of the coveted Wollmeise, I can safely say that I will NOT be stalking The Loopy Ewe or the Wollmeise site when there are shop updates. It's not that I am dissing the yarn, but there are other yarns I definitely enjoy more. The colors are rich and beautiful, but I'm not head-over-heels for the yarn. Everyone has their favorite yarns, and I'd rather spend my money on indie dyers from Etsy, where one can get one-of-a-kind yarns in colorways that are rare. I just have never been one to "need" the latest trends. For the record, I am not slamming Wollmeise, it's just my opinion.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting us know about the flat feet. I haven't tried it yet. Maybe some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I really want to see the socks when they're done compared to the origional 'blank'!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just realized i had screwed up about 2 of 3 diamonds i had done. good news, i found the right end and can unravel it....better news, just as i was about to frog them and wind them up...i suddenly thought of the flat feet and am just going to knit them off!

    ReplyDelete