Monday, August 18, 2008

A good weekend

I had a productive weekend, although I managed to come down with a cold while in Cleveland visiting my parents a couple weekends ago. Despite feeling yucky, I got to work on my son's star sweater from Zoe Mellor's book Adorable Knits for Tots. It is chock-full of cutsie patterns for boys and girls and I would love to have the time to make them all! The only thing that bugs me is that the patterns basically stop at the size for a 3-4 year old, which my son will be approaching in a year! I just do not have the expertise/time at the moment to do the math to adjust for a larger size...maybe someday.

I'm doing the sweater in Lion Brand Cotton-Ease and Knit Picks Shine Sport. The white star will be in RYC Cashsoft DK. Despite hating the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino line with a passion, the RYC (by Rowan) is actually working out quite well for me. I used the Cashsoft Aran before on a hoodie I made (and frogged) and had minimal pilling.

Also OTN as of tonight, a baby bolero from Leigh Radford's One Skein. Worked in RYC Cashsoft Aran in Foxglove (sort of a lilac), this is a little gift for my niece Brianna Grace, arriving at the end of December! I should have pics up by the middle of the week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment