Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I'm really trying to knit from my stash, but....





The sweater I'm making for Charlie (my son) is going really well. I finished the back, as you can see in the picture. It never fails to amaze me how fast I can knit a project up if I'm only working on that project.

The basketweave scarf made of Adriafil Carezza has found its way back into the needle/notion box, where I won't have to look at it for a while. I used to be in love with basketweave patterns, but after 2 scarves for my mom and sister, I got really sick of it to be honest. Who knows when that scarf will be done? at this rate, maybe never.

I have an upper respiratory infection (AKA really nasty sinusitis) complete with a sore throat. So that means I have been getting a lot of knitting done because my husband rocks!

Over the past couple weeks some new yarns have joined my stash, despite my best efforts to knit only from my stash. I'm not trying to make the stash smaller(heaven forbid) but I am trying to make room for more sweater yarn and more sock yarn.








A fellow Raveler generously sold me a skein of WOLLMEISE!!!! I'm so excited...Its in the colorway Rhabarber. I've been lusting after a skein of wollmeise forever, but have always been too late to the sneakup/shop update party. I picked up 2 skeins of Patons Kroy Stripes. I love the fact that my local Hobby Lobby now carries sock yarn. I got a skein of Noro Silk Garden Sock. 2 skeins of Berroco Suede tricolor for a wallet for myself. And last but not least, Tuscan Grove sock yarn.

Cider Moon, purveyor of sock yarn awesomeness, disappeared off the map last year, right as I discovered them. I managed to get 2 skeins of Glacier sock yarn, but alas I could not get anymore after that. I was in Knitters Mercantile (Columbus, OH LYS and in fact my LYS of choice) and saw that Gail from Cider Moon had begun a new venture, Tuscan Grove yarns. I'm really hoping that its as awesome as Cider Moon was--the texture(base yarn) seems to be more like Cider Moon Flurry. I met Gail at Knitters Connection in 2007 and she is such a nice person!
Hopefully I will get to knit some socks soon--I'm really into this sweater-knitting phase but my first love is socks!

3 comments:

  1. I love your ravelympics timer! I've been so confused about when it is over...I am confident I will be done, but don't want to miss out due to a technicality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw Gail at the Merc dropping of the new goodies from her new company a couple of months ago! People were grabbing the skeins of yarn out of her hand.

    The Tuscan Grove yarn is the exact same as Cider Moon, just with different names. The Merc's site gives you the old names. Flurry is now Venice and Glacier is now Bellagio.

    Love it when a good thing comes back!

    ReplyDelete