Thursday, August 21, 2008

Taking a sock break

I decided (after much debate) to go ahead and take a break from the sweater to knit up some socks. I cast on for a pair (stockinette) in the Conjoined Creations' Flat Feet sock blank. I really thought I would love this yarn right off the bat, but....no. Casting on was a royal pain. The yarn itself feels nice, kind of reminiscent of Louet Gems fingering weight.

Knitting it seems to take forever...I've only made a couple of inches of progress. Maybe I will feel differently once the socks are on my feet.
Note: I decided to use the Flat Feet in lieu of Silk Garden Sock....which is still calling to me from the stash. I really want to use a cool pattern for the Noro...any ideas?

My latest order from The Loopy Ewe arrived today. On Monday, I ordered a skein of Lime and Violet Intention sock yarn, on the Sasquatch Sock base. OMG, it looks awesome! It is the perfect blend of my current favorite colors.


Still battling my sinus infection, but hoping to be back on all 8 cylinders by the beginning of next week.

3 comments:

  1. I'm interested to see how you feel about the flat feet once you are done....the idea seems interesting, but if it too much of a pain, then why bother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have been wondering how it was to work up the flat feet - Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my sock are in time out as they have pissed me off royally!

    ReplyDelete