Wednesday, September 24, 2008

First Kureyon Sock finished!

I'm done with the first sock in a pair made from Noro Kureyon Sock. I loved the color sequences and the somewhat rustic feel of the yarn, but I was not happy with the final result (even after a wash). It seems too loose/baggy, even though I knit with size 1 dpns and used the same pattern I have used with other socks before. I don't think these socks will get much (if any) wear outside of the house. I have an entire other sock to make, as well as another skein of Kureyon Sock in my stash.

I also started on my first sweater last week during the power outage. It's coming along well so far. I'm using a top-down raglan sweater pattern, knit with (gulp) Lion Brand Pound of Love. I really wanted to see how the sweater would turn out before plunking a lot of money down for yarn. I bought a little over 2000 yards of blue yarn for 14.00. It was a good deal for me at the time, and still is now! I know a lot of knitters who make sweaters out of acrylic and they love their creations.

Finished the first sock (finally) in a pair for my dad. As you may recall, this sock (and its mate) were supposed to be finished in time for Father's Day this past June, but that obviously didn't happen. They will be making their debut as one of his birthday presents in November instead.
Picture time:
From top to bottom--
Bernat Sox first sock in a pair for Dad
Collar of my first sweater
Noro Kureyon first sock in a pair for myself





No comments:

Post a Comment