Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fall has finally arrived!

Well its official: I saw my breath when I went outside this morning and that means fall has arrived! It's my favorite season, and my husband cannot understand why. He thinks that the perfect temperature is 80 degrees and it should be that warm all year round. Fall makes me think of leaves crunching underneath my feet, the smell of wood burning, apples and pumpkins, and having the heater turned on for the first time in 6 months! I can't help it...I love fall.

Fall also means that knitting kicks into high gear for me (even though I spent a lot of the summer knitting). I've got projects, like my sweater, that are begging to be finished and worn out in the chill. It just feels right to be curled up on the couch at night, knitting away with some warm yarn and thinking about how good it will feel to be wearing the socks, mittens, etc.

What I have been doing this week knitting-wise: knitting the heel flap on my husband's birthday socks, knitting a row or 2 on my son's sweater, and knitting a couple rows here and there on my sweater. Nothing major, but I have been a little too busy to knit very much (gasp). Hopefully these next few days will prove to be less hectic!

Wishing you all a happy fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment