Thursday, October 23, 2008

Happenings...

I haven't really been "around" online much this past week. Last weekend, my husband, son, and I went canvassing around our town for the Barack Obama campaign. We had a good time, and the people that I met at the Democrat headquarters in our town were so nice, I felt inspired to do more. I've been calling voters this past week, pretty much every night, and reminding them that their vote counts and it will get Barack into the White House! It's really great to hear how other people are inspired by Barack's message of change...and it helps to be going through the process of campaigning when you are surrounded by others doing the same thing. It has been really eye-opening to hear people's reasons for voting for Barack and why they feel America needs a new direction.

I was able to pre-order Schaefer Yarns' "Sock the Vote" (on the Anne base) from the Loopy Ewe. I ordered "Michelle" and "Hillary." I like the yarn a lot, but am not sure how much I will like the base, as it seems a little itchy. Some people on Ravelry said that winding it is a pain due to the knots, but I have my husband to be my personal swift, so we shall see....
I've been working on my baby niece's Baby Bolero this week. I think it will be done by Saturday because it seems to be a one-day project, and it is going to be so cute! I'm using RYC Cashsoft Aran in the Foxglove colorway, which is a lilac purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment