Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Christmas time is almost here!!!

Up here in central Ohio, we had our first snow this week, along with an entire week of freeze. I taught my son to say "snow". He says "No." He's 2 1/2, and its so cute! Also, when I say Obama, he says "Mamama." Too cute.

For his Christmas present, I'm making him a blanket out of Araucania Nature Wool Chunky. The pattern is the same as the blanket I made for my soon-to-be-born niece. I absolutely did not want to use the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Chunky because I had a bad experience with that yarn (knots, thin parts, etc). I'm a little disheartened that the Nature Wool Chunky is more like a heavy worsted. I just don't see this blanket having the same length and "blanket-ness" that the other blanket had. Oh well....guess I will just have to wait and see. The colors are awesome, though.

I bought the yarn at my favorite LYS in Columbus, OH. The woman who wound the 5 skeins I bought commented on the fact that the yarn was kettle-dyed and that I might want to knit 2 rows from skein A and then 2 rows from skein B if the color changes bothered me. I really liked the advice, but I don't care if my colors pool or change...I think that the pieces I knit are my own artwork! I am the painter...well, not really, since I don't like to dye my own, but the knitwear I make is my canvas!

No comments:

Post a Comment