Monday, January 26, 2009

The crud has landed!

The crud has landed at my home. For lack of a better word, the "crud" is a cold that brings with it a runny nose, congestion, and a sore throat. Estimated lifespan of said crud: 1-2 weeks. Those affected: my son, my husband, and I. Ew.
I *finally* finished my first Blog Sock (one of a pair). It was really fun to knit and I really enjoy using Red Heart Heart and Sole. No word yet as to how it wears and holds up in the wash, but my hands did feel smoother after having worked with the yarn for hours at a time. The striping is really cool, and there are a couple solid colors, black and white I believe, for knitters who prefer solids. I bought my Heart and Sole (LOL-it sounds funny when I say it like that) at Hobby Lobby, and I think that you can also order it off of Joann.com and the like. Behold, a picture:













I saw Twilight at the movies the other night. I am still reading the book, but loved the movie. I find myself excited about reading the rest of the books in the series, similar to how I felt about the Harry Potter series. I never want to put the book down, but have to, because I have a 2 1/2 year old :-) I deleted my Myspace blog, since I never update that one--I have this one.

I'm knitting a decorative pillow for my couch right now, and contemplating knitting a little bit on the Maine Morning Mittens I am doing in Manos del Uruguay 100% wool. I'm not really liking the thick/thin aspect of that yarn, because I always feel like I have so much tension that I will end up breaking the yarn! It also messes up my gauge a little bit, having uneven parts. I'm going full steam ahead on the second sock for my dad--there will be no stopping me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment