Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Crazy couple of weeks...

I'm back! It has been a crazy couple of weeks. Working long hours, doing loads of laundry, house cleaning, taking care of sick hubby, raising a 2 year old boy...haven't had much time to knit at all.
In my spare moments (of which there were few), I had a chance to knit a little more of the socks for my dad, another pair of socks for myself, and do some more knitting on my decorative couch pillow. I finished my Maine Morning Mitts--you can check the pic out on Ravelry--I'm Sturgillsusan on there. The mitts were not my favorite project. The thumb on one of them is completely weird.

I began (yet) pair of socks, this time in Paca Peds HT, from the Alpaca Yarn Company. I love love love this yarn! It is so smooth and has a great hand. I can't wait to slip these on my feet! I'm using a pattern from Knit N' Style, and have changed it up a little. When I finish the first sock, I'll post a picture of it and explain what I did.

I bought some new yarn recently. A skein of Berroco Sox, a skein of Berroco Sox metallic, and a skein of Tuscan Grove Lucca yarn in the "Buckeye" colorway. I live in Ohio, 25 minutes from Columbus, the capital and home of Ohio State University, whose team is the Buckeyes. The colors are scarlet and grey!
Last night I ordered some yarn from The Loopy Ewe--on the way: Tuscan Grove Bellagio in "Mint Ganache" (yum!) and Handmaiden Casbah Sock yarn. I'm totally excited about the Casbah, as I've heard a lot of great things about it...and really..I could go on and on about how much I love cashmere!

No comments:

Post a Comment