Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Link to an interesting blog post from Knitgrrl's blog

Link to Shannon Okey's Knitgrrl blog here to read a post that I thought was really interesting. I love Ravelry! I log onto it more often than I check my email, and end up getting lost, looking at the yarn, projects, and other user's opinions about my favorite thing to do....knitting!! And now I love Rav more than I did 20 minutes ago...

Awhile back, I blogged about Knit 1. magazine and how I felt that it had slipped in its quality in recent months. My opinion still hasn't changed, and I am now in the process of letting most of my other knitting mag subscriptions run out. It's not that I don't like reading them anymore, it's mostly that I can get (free or paid) my patterns on Rav now. I like supporting designers, and the magazines just aren't paying the designers what they should be for their creations. I have a binder that is filled with patterns that I have purchased, and it's quite a collection. I can go browse it whenever I want, and it's nice knowing that whomever created the pattern was paid a fair price for their time and work.

1 comment:

  1. I whole heartedly agree! I'd rather send the money straight to the designer then pay for a mag that I'm only using one pattern out of.

    ReplyDelete