Thursday, March 26, 2009

T- minus 1 day to the weekend!!

Hooray! It's one day till the weekend! Yesterday I finished up the (way cool IMHO) package for the 2nd round of Journal Swap on Ravelry. I always love this swap because it combines two of my passions: yarn and journaling. It will be sent on its way tomorrow morning when I can get to the post office. I am done with my taxes (yay), federal and state filed. I still have to do my city taxes however.
Went to Hobby Lobby yesterday. I'm loving that store more and more since they started carrying a bunch of sock yarn. They currently have Kroy, Sock-Ease, and Heart and Sole. Just came out with their house brand of sock yarn, called Walkaway. I almost did walk away when I saw the shiteous colors of the line. I picked one skein that looked remotely appetizing--I think the colorway name has to do with crayons. Please please get some hipper colors, O yarn creators at Hobby Lobby!! Another thing I dislike about HL: they have about 7 different colorways of Heart and Sole in stock, but have one ball of each out on the shelf. It does not help me to make a pair of socks when each one is a different colorway. I'd love to be able to buy 2 of the same for a pair.
Made a really cool dishcloth out of I Love This Cotton--a Hobby Lobby cotton yarn. It is soo smooth and soft! Probably the best cotton yarn for touching, but I will have to see how it holds up under wear n' tear. I still like Peaches N' Creme and other workhorse cotton yarns for durability...
Will blog tomorrow about knitting done tonight...have a great Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, so it's not just me with regards to HL. You need TWO skeins of most yarns to make socks, what are they thinking? That said, I got some WalkAway as well, it matches my fleece shirt that I live in and really wanted socks for .

    ReplyDelete