Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day weekend knitting progress

Happy Memorial Day! It's been a little while since my last post...I'm feeling pretty much 100% after my surgery. Last week my husband, son, and I took a road trip to the coast of Maryland to bring my mother-in-law home from visiting her sister. The scenery was really nice, but the drive was really long. I took much of the trip to finish my second Monkey sock. This weekend I have been working on a child's size 10 sweater for Warm Woolies using a pattern from Creative Knitting magazine. It's coming along well--I'm almost done with the front.
I have a hat OTN too..the "Dizzy" hat pattern from Berroco.com. I'm using Dream in Color Classy in the Beach Fog colorway...I LOVE this yarn!! It's so soft and the color changes so gradually, it's striking.
I really want to start another more complicated sock pattern soon. I bought a couple patterns from The Loopy Ewe, a toe-up pattern and a cable pattern. I also used my Loopy credit and got a couple skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the Loopy Mini Stripes colorway. Pics posted of the sweater and hat-in-progress. Enjoy the holiday!

1 comment: