Saturday, July 4, 2009

Knitting Updates

Hope everyone had a nice 4th of July. It was a fun, relaxing day for my family and I; took my son swimming at the pool, went to the fairgrounds for the carnival, and got in a lot of knitting and yarny time. I say yarny time because I spent some time organizing my stash and winding a lot of sock yarn. I think I wound about 10 skeins in 2 days, a record most certainly (for me).

A couple weeks ago I bought a skein of yarn off of Etsy from SeeJayneKnit --I'm in love with this yarn! The base is a lot like Trekking XXL, and the colors are phenomenal and pretty saturated. Pic is below.
I cast on for a new sock project (Ravelry is a very bad thing for a person who loves multiple knitting projects that are on the needles at the same time). It's a basic sock pattern I use . The pattern has had some changes made, but the best part is that I'm finally using my Wollmeise for the socks!!! I've been waiting for an awesome pattern to use it in, and I can't wait to finish them. The Wollmeise base is so..I don't even think there are words to describe it besides amazing. It feels like cotton when I'm knitting with it, but its 80/20 wool and nylon. I'll post more pics as I progress through the socks.

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Great colours. Can't wait to see what it ends up as...

    ReplyDelete