Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Unpacking my world...restarting my life

I'm in the middle of unpacking my old life and trying to make a new one. It's really hard. Everything I see reminds me of him and what we had together and how we will never have it again, no matter what happens. It's so hard to be strong for my son, when all I feel like doing is curling up into a ball in the middle of my childhood bed. I've come so far since I left home for college, but it seems like I'm back at square one.

Not much going on with the knitting front, but I will get back to it. It's part of what makes me well...me. Right before the big day, I bought Cookie A. "Sock Innovations" off of Amazon. It's an awesome book--I'm really liking "Kai-Mei," one of the patterns. I also had the chance to read SWTC's "Socks ala Carte," which I liked almost as much.

More later.

1 comment:

  1. Suzie, is there anything I can do to help in this your time of trial. My daughter was 22 months old when my marriage fell apart, she survived and grew up well. It is possible. It's okay to not be strong all the time. Take care of you.

    ReplyDelete