Friday, September 11, 2009

Happy Friday!

I'm so glad it's Friday! I've had a cold all week long, from the change in seasons I think. I hand-dyed some yarn today with yellow food coloring so that I can participate in Ravelry's Sock Knitters Anonymous September Sockdown. This particular sockdown requires: any sock pattern knit using yellow yarn OR the mystery sock by Nancy Bush using yellow yarn OR any Wendy Johnson pattern, using any color yarn. I've never used yellow yarn, so this will be a treat for me. I used Kroger brand food coloring to dye the yarn. It looks like the color of squash--so that's probably what I'm going to call it. I haven't decided which pattern I'm going to use..it might be time to try a toe-up sock, because Wendy Johnson's sock patterns are pretty awesome.

One of my hands is dyed yellow and I have a function to go to on Sunday, so I hope I can make that hand white again.
I'll post pictures of the yarn once it's wound into balls so I can start my socks!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! How did I miss this KAL? I'm going to get on board. =)

    ReplyDelete