Friday, September 18, 2009

The Joy of Sox

After hearing the buzz about this book on Ravelry, I went out and found it in stock at Barnes and Noble. This is probably my new favorite book--there are so many patterns in it that I want to make. My two favorite patterns are A Roll in the Hay and Movie Socks. The book is organized well, explains techniques in a non-confusing way, and as a bonus, it's spiral-bound for easy reference while knitting. It is a definite must-have for anyone who loves to knit socks. I think the book has about 30 or more patterns.

In sock knitting news, I finished the Comfy Socks that I actually started last September. They turned out well, although the second sock had a lot of pooling and crazy striping that the first sock did not have. They are made of Knitpicks Essential multi, since renamed Stroll. I have turned the heel on the Summer Socks I started in June--using Online Supersocke Cotton. I'm going to watch a video on Youtube this evening on how to successfully cast-on for a toe-up sock for the SKA September Sockdown. I've been dying to try a toe-up pattern for awhile now, and the yarn I dyed for the sockdown is begging to be used.

Have a happy Friday!!

1 comment:

  1. My friend Gina has two designs in the Joy of Sox. Great book and enjoy the adventure.

    ReplyDelete