Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Classy and Fabulous socks begun (AKA little sister's stocking stuffer)

Feeling a wee bit bored by the "Manly Socks," I decided to get a jumpstart on Christmas gifts and begin the "Classy and Fabulous Socks" that I'm gifting to my little sister for Christmas. It's the first time I've ever cabled with a project, and its going well--I'm really into cabling it appears. It's also my first experience using Dream in Color Smooshy, and I love love love it!! I'm actually using Starry, but its the Smooshy base with a little silver woven into the yarn. The colorway is "Into the Mystic" and it's fabulous!!


The pattern is "Karen's Socks" by Monica Jines, and I bought it last year from The Loopy Ewe. It is a pattern that keeps me interested, which helps when it's time to start the second sock.


Here is a pic of my progress--it's not a great pic, it does not highlight the fab colors but I will take a better pic as I get more done.

No comments:

Post a Comment