Monday, November 23, 2009

The week of Thanksgiving

I've been a slacker about updating the blog this month..many apologies. My divorce was finalized...a huge relief. I've been pretty upbeat and happy the last couple months...not much can get me down in the dumps these days. Still toiling away on the 2nd "Manly Sock." I might keep these for myself, since 2 pairs of socks have bitten the dust this month due to repeat wearings and machine drying/washing. The "Classy and Fabulous Socks" for my little sister are almost 1/4 done. They look fab, as always. DIC Starry is a definite favorite yarn for the future.

I went to Knitting on the Square last week. It's a yarn shop located in Chardon, Ohio, about 25 minutes from my house. I first read about it in Knitscene magazine a couple years ago. I went there to get some new sock yarn, and I was not disappointed. Stash enhanced with: Berroco Ultra Alpaca Fine and Dream in Color Smooshy "Happy Forest"


I've been into semi-solids and solid colors lately because of my current obsession with non-stockinette socks.


Last night, my sister, a friend, and I went to see New Moon, the 2nd movie in the Twilight saga. I have all the books in the series, and love them all. I bought some Socks That Rock Lightweight over the summer in a particular colorway, "Knitters Without Borders," which is black, red, and white. I might make some socks in that yarn soon in honor of Twilight, since the colors remind me of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment