Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Knit Sock Love KAL on Ravelry

I am participating in the Knit.Sock.Love knitalong on Ravelry--so far I have cast on and completed some of Hedera, and am currently knitting a pair of Monkeys for February. The prizes that are generously donated are nice, but the real treat for me is to push myself to try new patterns that I might have not tried otherwise, to actually finish the pattern in the allotted time--2 months--and lastly, to have another completed pair of socks. I'm really good about knitting a sock, but getting the second sock done is a bit of a challenge for me, as I'm always wanting to knit something new by the time I'm done with sock #1.
I had a root canal this past week, and have been in some pain from it. I never knew my mouth could hurt so much. On the upside, lots of time to knit while I'm dealing with pain and not being able to eat much food that has to be chewed. I finally got around to sewing in the ends of my angora scarf, and decided to gift it to my little sister. It looks really great and I hope she can wear it to work, as it gets mighty frigid in downtown Cleveland this time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment