Saturday, October 1, 2011

Yarn Discovery Tour and beyond

The last couple of weeks have been quite eventful on the knitting front.  On September 9th, the 4th annual Northeast Ohio Yarn Discovery Tour began, with 14 participating area yarn shops.  The tour only lasted until September 24th, so I had to get busy.  My son was a willing participant in several visits, and even helped to wind yarn at a couple shops.  We visited:  River Colors Studio in Lakewood, The Artful Yarn in Chagrin Falls, Soft N' Sassy in Broadview Heights, Knitting on the Square in Chardon, Birds of a Feather in Avon, and Cast On Cafe in Willoughby.  Needless to say, my stash has certainly been enhanced.  It will probably take me until the next yarn tour, in September 2012, to knit through some of it. 
From the left:  Destination Yarns Sock Yarn Postcard in "London,"  Blue Ridge Yarns Bambie, Dream in Color Smooshy in "Aqua Jet," and Sock Hop from Birds of a Feather.
I've completed my first sock in a sportweight sock yarn.  Presenting a Campfire Sock in Tuscan Grove Bellagio sock yarn, colorway Mint Ganache.  I love this yarn and the sock is so warm!  Sock 2 will be along shortly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment