Tuesday, March 27, 2012

FO: Plain Vanilla Wollmeise


Finally finished!  These were begun in July of 2009 and finished yesterday.  Why did they take so long?  Second sock syndrome, I wanted to try other more interesting patterns first, and lastly, I wasn't thrilled with the yarn. The colors are to die for, but for some reason, the Wild Thing 80/20 wanted to keep twisting back onto itself, making knitting annoying and thus pushed aside in favor of other, more cooperative yarns.  The color is Poison Nr. 5, which I have lusted after since I first saw it on a fellow Raveler's project page.  The socks knit up into tiger stripey stripes, which I think look very cool.  After a run through the washer and dryer, the socks are super soft and feel very nice against my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment