Thursday, August 9, 2012

New Camera Needed

I took some pics of socks OTN that I have laying around.  Needless to say, the pictures came out blurry and awful.  For my old-school point-and-shoot Sony digital camera (circa 2001), that is par for the course lately.  I can't count the number of pictures of my son, knitting, life in general that I have had to re-take(let alone the ones that I couldn't re-take) because they were blurry beyond recognition.  My little sister got a Nikon Coolpix digital for Christmas, and she seems to like it a lot, so yeah, I'm in the market for a new camera. 
I'm really enjoying knitting my Wanida socks-so much so that I don't think knitting the second one will be an issue--really loving the yarn, Tosh Sock in the Pop Rocks color, as well as the pattern.  The yarn really allows the pattern to shine. 

The "Easy-Peasy" socks I'm knitting are going more slowly.  I'm using Wisdom Yarns Marathon Sock that I got at Tuesday Morning.  I like the fabric the yarn is making, but I'm not a huge fan of most self-patterning yarns these days.  Still, these are basic socks, perfect for knitting on the go.

I'm also working on a pair of socks for my 6 year-old son, using Hazel Knits Artisan Sock in the Nemo colorway.  He loves the movie "Finding Nemo" and he really wanted me to use the yarn to knit socks for him, so I did.  I LOVE this yarn, would really like to get more of it once I use up some more sock yarn---stashdiving these days because a) I'm running out of places to put my yarn stash, and b) possibly relocating in the next year or so, and moving with the size of my stash as it is now would be a challenge. 

I'm putting up a (bad) pic of my Wanida sock #1

No comments:

Post a Comment