Thursday, August 2, 2012

New project on the needles!

A few months ago, I participated in a swap on Ravelry in a Knitpicks group.  The idea of the swap was to make up a package using Knitpicks sock yarn and other knitty goodness, and send it  to your swap buddy.  My swap buddy sent me an awesome package, containing among other things, Knitpicks Stroll Glimmer yarn, which I have wanted to try.  It is the most deep shade of blue, and named Peacock. 
Well, in the same group, there is a summer KAL going on to challenge past swap participants to make something using the yarn they recieved in the swap.  Yay!  I'm so excited to use this yarn--I love sparkly, glittery yarn!  I picked out a pattern I haven't knit yet:  Sunday Swing Socks, from Knitty.  The pattern is maybe a bit too plain for this yarn, but I want to highlight its glittery properties.  Here is a pic of the yarn (and here's hoping I can make some progress on these by the next time I post): 

No comments:

Post a Comment