Tuesday, October 23, 2012

WIP: Transcontinental Shawlette

It's definitely fall up here in NE Ohio, regardless of how warm our Indian Summer is, and that means winter is on the way.  I see so many beautiful shawl patterns in magazines and on Ravelry, and until this past month, I had never made a shawl. 

I am currently knitting the Transcontinental Shawlette, a pattern from Kate Jackson's new collection, Sunday Drive.  It is (for me) a pretty easy pattern once I get into a rhythm with the rows.  The first Transcontinental Shawlette I knit using String Theory "Caper" sock yarn.  It turned out well despite the fact that I simply could not get a hang of the picot bind off--went into the LYS the other day and had one of the women working there demonstrate it for me.  That shawl unfortunately met an untimely fate; I tried to rip back the bind off and re-knit it using the actual pattern, but ended up with a scissor slice right through twenty rows in my shawl.  So I'm re-knitting it in Kraemer Sterling Silk & Silver sock yarn, in the Princess colorway.  Progress pic: 


No comments:

Post a Comment