Currently OTN: Nemesis Socks
Pattern from Knitty . I am knitting these for the Sock Knitters Anonymous September KAL on Ravelry. These qualify for the literary challenge, as they are inspired by Agatha Christie.
I am using Dream in Color Smooshy in a pretty green ( Go Go Grassy) that I bought in 2007. This yarn has excellent stitch definition, and the pattern shows off the slight color variations beautifully!
I have one sock finished, and the second is nearly at the heel. Whether I finish to qualify for the challenge (which would be great) or not, this pattern is really awesome and I will be knitting them again!
Wednesday, October 12, 2016
Saturday, April 30, 2016
We have a winner---Congrats to MobyKnits, who is the winner of the MadTosh Pashmina in Fluoro
Rose. Please send me your address info so I can get your prize out to you (I have also messaged you
Posted by WriterGirl33 at 10:21 AM
Saturday, April 23, 2016
It's been awhile since my last post, but here are a couple of the projects that I have completed since my last post:
- Boredom Socks, knit using KFI Indulgence (since discontinued), which is a smooth 75% merino/25% nylon blend. It is sock-weight, and created a very interesting design, with very nice striping sections and vivid colors.
- A sweater for my niece, who is on-the-way and scheduled to make her debut in late August. I used Encore Dynamo, which has the cutest striping colors and is a soft 75% acrylic/25% wool blend from Plymouth Yarns. I saw the pattern in my LYS, River Colors Studio in Lakewood, Ohio, and downloaded it from Ravelry. It is the perfect top-down sweater with very little sewing required! I found the cutest buttons--little purple/white giraffes--at JoAnn Fabrics. Can't wait to see my little niece in the sweater! The pattern can also be customized for boys. Pattern: 2649 Baby & Toddler Top-Down Cardigan from Plymouth Yarn Design Studio.
Springtastic Socks, pattern by Stefanie Goodwin-Ritter and published by Holla Knits. This is an awesome pattern for a pair of socks that are perfect for spring! They include some cables and a wonderfully easy-to memorize ribbed back panel. I am currently on sock #2 and hope to have it finished by the end of the weekend, which will qualify it for the Holla Knits Spring KAL, ending on April 29th. I am using Madelinetosh Pashmina in the Vishnu color. This is one of the softest, silkiest yarns I have ever used! I can't say enough about how much I love it. What is there not to love about cashmere/silk/wool?
Next time I make these, which WILL happen because I love the pattern, I will make them longer for the wintertime.
And now...a YARN GIVEAWAY!
I am giving away a skein of Madelinetosh Pashmina in the Fluoro Rose colorway, which is neon pink awesomeness.
It is hard to accurately capture the vivid neon brightness of this yarn. It is a sport-weight, but it is perfect for that luxe project you've been waiting to cast on for, or just a great pair of socks. It is 360 yards and is a blend of cashmere/silk/wool.
To enter to win this yarn, just leave a comment on this blog post or on the Ravelry thread I created for this giveaway. Please leave your email or better yet, Ravelry name, so I can let you know if you won. The winner will be randomly selected on Friday, April 29th, at 9 PM, so you've got a few days!
Good luck and thank you for reading!
Posted by WriterGirl33 at 11:10 AM
Friday, February 5, 2016
Just completed my first FO of 2016: Circle Socks, pattern by Anne Campbell. I knit these for a December 2015 KAL as part of a Ravelry group, Sock Knitters Anonymous. Their monthly challenges are a great way to try new patterns and techniques. This particular challenge was to use self-striping yarn and a pattern that enhances the striping.
I used JoAnn Sensations Bamboo & Ewe (sadly, discontinued) in the Purple/Black striping colorway. I really enjoyed using this yarn- it feels very nice to knit with, and also the finished project looks very nice and mostly matchy-matchy.
- After All This Time (Heidi Nick pattern) Socks--using Hansen Hand Dyes Bounce Sock in Beauregard Blue
- Springtastic Socks (Stefanie Goodwin-Ritter pattern)--using Madelinetosh Pashmina in Vishnu.
- Baby mittens (Blue Sky Alpacas pattern) for Pine Ridge Reservation OB ward.